I Eat | Flinders Lane

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Flinders Lane, East Village, NYC.

Last week, I had the great opportunity to meet up, and have brunch with, someone who works in the coffee industry. We came here and spent some nice quality time connecting, getting to know eachother, and hearing more about what we do. I had never been here before, so it was great experiencing new things all at once, in a tame environment; new people, and a new place that I'll definitely be coming back to again.

Flinders Lane is a modern Australian restaurant, and has a very comfortable atmosphere, that's both refined and relaxed all at the same time, much like its staff. Getting there just as it opened, we generally had the place all to ourselves, and I loved it. I had time to take in the place without interruptions, and the next time I come I'll hopefully get to experience what it's like during a busier time.

See more photos, and read more about my experience after the jump!









I have never quite seen an interior like theirs before, and it was pleasantly surprising. I know vaguely of the industrial-chic style, but this place pulls it off amazingly. I had to take some time to just walk around and explore, because it seemed like a lot of character was put into this place and its layout. If any of you get the chance to visit, do take some time to look around and appreciate the atmosphere as a whole. Also, bring your friends, because I'm sure you'll have a great time together.


My heart goes weak whenever I see nice marble, and these tables were no exception. From that point, I was already excited and almost forgot what I was even there for.

Anyway, I had to start my day off with some coffee, so I got a flat white (they use Vittoria Coffee), and their avocado toast, with two poached eggs and plenty of arugula. She got some sort of smoked salmon, with a nice amount of greens as well. I've tried many an avocado toast, and a lot of times I find that the toast portion is always so hard and difficult to cut and bite through. But here, their bread is nice and soft, and they don't skimp out on you with ingredients either. Their coffee was great and nicely done, and I never saw the bottom of my water cup.

Something else I kind of liked were the two little salt and pepper pots on the table. It was such a cute touch, and practically, it gives some nice control over how much salt or pepper you prefer. Granted it does not bode too well if you have really long nails and you get remnants stuck in there.

As it has been getting warmer, they're starting to open up the street level windows, and that is something I'll definitely be going back for as well. Something about being kind of exposed to the outside, while I'm dining, gives me this warm and fuzzy feeling inside my heart. It's just really nice and adds so much to the atmosphere and environment. It makes everything feel so much more cozier and more "homey."

I'm so glad that I was able to visit this place, and am very thankful to have had this meeting. Thank you for inviting me! And thank you so much to the staff who was there at the time, you really completed the whole experience, being so warm, open, and inviting. I'll see you all next time, and hopefully I'll be able to see some of my readers there as well.

Please check out their website for more information:
http://www.flinderslane-nyc.com/

-

Photos by Kyle.
Coffee from Vittoria Coffee.

x

Post a Comment