Vulnerable

Monday, April 20, 2015


Greecologies, Little Italy, NYC.

I've been home for the past few days, left to my own devices and thoughts, and I thought that I'd try to be a little vulnerable with you all. It's nice having time away from people, but sometimes it's hard to shake this small sense of loneliness. There's this love-hate relationship with social media, especially when modern society loves being constantly connected and "plugged-in," but at the same time, you can't help but feel like you're missing out on so many things.

A lot of my close friends know that I really like being alone, but it doesn't mean that I want to be alone all of the time. The reality is that everyone has their own schedules and responsibilities they need to tend to, and it's difficult sometimes when you try your hardest to make time for others, when it doesn't seem like they do the same. But, I have to remind myself that it's alright. Life is a thing, and it happens, to all of us. As painful as it is sometimes, to just sit at home while you watch your friends have fun together, moments spent by yourself should be cherished.

On a day like this, the rain and the clouds will be with me, conversing with me through every droplet. The birds will sing songs that cut through the silence. And the natural light will let me know that springtime always comes in the end.

Photo by Vincent Crabeo (@alohacrabs).

x

1 comment

  1. This pretty perfectly sums up my life. I'm a huge introvert, but my job requires being very social.I enjoy meeting new people, but it takes a bit of a toll on me, to be honest. I took the day off, so it's been a perfect day to just watch the rain fall. Lonely as it can be, I welcome it. Everything's quieter, and you can feel a greater sense of...connection, I suppose, in the silence.
    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete