Tired

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

 photo 1f020fef-5b7f-4c8d-9bdc-352aaa51b845_zpskuapijm4.jpg

Home, NYC.

It's been several days, but I'm still here. Just a bit tired is all.

I've started to realize more and more now, how easily fatigued I get. I'm so unfit, I can't even run one block without having to catch my breath. I always try to tell people to take care of themselves, but I think it's time that I start trying to take care of myself too.

Because I live in a city where you need to hustle all the time in order to survive, it gets overwhelming really easily. Sometimes I feel this heaviness of the pressure of wanting to make it, and wanting to get through and not be left behind. But in the end, you need to remember that life's not all about that. If you can't take care of yourself, how are you going to go out there and try to take on life, let alone trying to care for other people. It all starts with these realizations that you can't do it alone, and as much as you can try to take care of yourself, you need that community, whether it be small or big, to be there with you, taking on life together.

With that said, I'm going to have to re-hydrate, relax, and re-evaluate some things. If you're in this same season as me, join me and breathe in, and out. Everything's going to be fine.

Photo by Kyle.

x

1 comment