Perception

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

 photo b929fa12-0230-4f71-8a58-619d7dcd02e7_zps7ocflb0f.jpg

Home, NYC.

This passed weekend I went on a trip to my local Marshall's to see if they had any new and interesting things. You know what they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure."

I love stepping into the home and furniture section, because I'm always able to find something, whether I end up buying it or not. I saw this plate and instantly fell in love. I'm someone that loves looking at form over function, but I still make sure that it'll be of some use. This plate is just feeding into my obsession with flowers.

When I look at this plate, it reminds me that there is beauty in everything, young and old, new and abandoned. It doesn't matter if it's antique, or if it's modern. As a human being, being "beautiful" doesn't go away with age. You're never "too old;" if anything your perception of what beauty is becomes more mature and you realize it's an unconditional thing. It's inside every single person and creation.

More photos after the jump.


 photo 801f6ed4-191b-4f38-97e0-310648d3f20f_zps8ee14wtp.jpg

 photo 87476bf4-fcf2-42d8-b7dd-dc9d1cd04592_zpsvajn86z1.jpg

Photos by Kyle.

x

2 comments

  1. Love that plate! Is that a hint of brass or orange or is it a reflection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a hint of, what looks like, gold! Such a nice little accent to it :)

      x Kyle

      Delete