#TheMeetupSpot

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

 photo IMG_2019_zpsdnp8mrin.jpg

Spot Dessert Bar, St. Marks / East Village, NYC.

This past Sunday, there was another Instameet happening, and as much as I wanted to sit this one out, I couldn't pass up another chance to connect and network with other creatives. I was a tad late, but that didn't stop me.

We started our meetup at Spot Dessert Bar in St. Marks and spent around 2-3 hours there, just hanging out, taking photos, and talking. I knew just several people there from the previous meetups, so I didn't feel as on edge this time around, thank goodness.

When it came time for us to leave, we were on our way to walk towards the Williamsburg Bridge, and my goodness. From there, I did not prepare myself for what was to come.

See more photos and read more about my experience, after the jump!


 photo 5ff89249-a233-4063-b7c1-728a94a6581f_zpsi6oqt4ou.jpg

 photo 4544ca9f-4815-4821-b42d-a4eba9257218_zpsoovtlc1y.jpg

Williamsburg Bridge, Brooklyn-bound, NYC.

After walking to the Williamsburg Bride from the East Village, we were told that we could either leave now, walk half-way and leave, or walk the whole thing with whoever was staying. I told myself that I didn't come all this way for nothing, and when would I ever come back here? I decided to take on the challenge of walking the whole Williamsburg Bridge, and I was wearing heeled shoes mind you.

Now, if you know me, you'll know that this is something totally left-field of what I'd do, because it requires WAY too much effort to walk that whole damn bridge. But unbelievably, I actually made it, and I can now say that I've walked the whole Williamsburg Bridge. It might be something small for a lot of people, but I'm really proud of myself for doing it, especially in heeled Chelsea boots.

 photo IMG_2029_zpstkrdbqdh.jpg

Underneath the Williamsburg Bridge, Brooklyn, NYC.

After getting off the bridge and walking into Williamsburg, we went to find a place to have dinner, because some of us were getting really hungry. We walked around for quite a bit before actually stumbling upon a nice place to just chill, and hang out some more.

It was such a beautiful place, and I can't wait to head back there once it gets warmer. And I'll be writing a separate little post about it later in the day so you guys can have a better idea of what it was like!

Thank you to @missmercaado, @_ctnrl, and @withlovedc, for hosting this meetup, and I can't wait to see you all again soon!

Photos by Kyle.
Hand - @kaitkeem.
Full body model - @neivy.

x

Post a Comment