Warmth

Monday, March 9, 2015

 photo Iconic Cafe_zpsw9u94z00.jpg

Iconic Cafe, Nolita, NYC

The warmth of the sun brings comfort that there's life.

I caught up with an old coworker and we discussed our dreams, future life goals, and such. Catch-ups like that remind me that everyone is in their own season, and in their own stage in life. Whatever any of us are going through, we can always remember that we're not alone, and that, just as the night comes, so will a new day.

The sun came out today, and it actually felt really nice to step out of my always dim house (I don't like really bright lights) and take in the vitamin d. Although it's sometimes too bright for me, sunlight re-instills in me that everyday is a new day, and it can either be full of life, or full of dullness; it's for us to decide.

At the same time, living in a culture where we hope that the next day is exciting, we also need our times of rest. Admittedly, I always catch myself having too long of a rest, but it makes it just that much more revitalizing when I actually do go out and have some quality time, whether by myself, or with one or two people.

Photo by Kyle. Poured by Keen Malasarte (@acupofkeen).

x

Post a Comment