I Eat | Tim Tams

Friday, May 1, 2015

Home, Queens, NYC.

I've been so excited to write this post, mainly because my love for Tim Tams are strong, and I make it known to my friends and family. So, last week my mother recently came back from her trip to Indonesia, and while she was there, she bought four different flavours of these beautiful things (they originally are based in Australia though). Around where I live, the local target only carries two flavours, original and chewy caramel, so you can imagine my face when she brought these home.

I knew right away that I had to write something about them, and tell you all about each flavour, especially for those of you who live in my area and only have access to original, and chewy caramel. I encourage you to vicariously experience these goodies through this post, and I'll do the best I can at describing how each individual flavour was.

Also, I just realized that some of the packaging has some Indonesian on it, which is pretty funny to me.

See more photos and vicariously live, after the jump!


Milk Chocolate

Let's start out with a good old faithful. At first, I was a little confused seeing as they have an "Original" flavour as well, but the difference is that this milk chocolate one is a little bit more tame than the original one. There are no gimmicks here, as you get what you see, a milk chocolate flavour. The original kind is probably a tad more richer. It's kind of self-explanatory, so I'm just going to move onto the other three, because these were seriously a treat.

Wafer Chocolate

My eyes opened pretty wide when I saw this one, because I had no idea that these came in different textures. The first thing I thought of was, how in the hell will a "Tim Tam Slam" work out with this one. But, it does, and it's great. This is definitely something to experience if you can get your hands on them, because it's what you would expect a wafer to taste like, but better and covered in chocolate. When you "Slam" it, the wafer soaks up all of your drink and becomes this flaky, chocolatey, thing of goodness in your mouth. It's a really nice change of pace when you feel yourself getting a bit bored of the normal biscuit feel.

Strawberry

Let me start off by saying that you need to "Tim Tam Slam" this one, because it kind of tastes similar to Strawberry Nesquik, if you've ever had it as a child in America. You can clearly taste the strawberry flavour, and it's not terribly overwhelming. It combines well with the chocolate coating, and even better after "Slam"ing it. I'm so glad that they have fruit flavours like this one, because it kind of gives the normal Tim Tam taste a nice kick to make things interesting. You definitely need to have some of these in your collection to give things some colour.

Vanilla

Lastly, we have vanilla. And surprisingly, this tasted vaguely of vanilla, and more on the almond extract side, which I didn't really mind at all. I know that sometimes people will add almond extract to kind of enhance the flavour of vanilla, and here they mend well, not battling one another for the spotlight. Although, I still do taste more of the almond whenever I have one. Maybe it differs from country to country.

At the end of the day, Tim Tams are amazing, and whichever flavour you prefer, it will not disappoint, but maybe I'm saying that because I have an unconditional love for them. I hope you all can try them when you get the chance, and please do experience the "Tim Tam Slam" for yourself. And if you don't know what that is, YouTube is a big help.

Thank you very much Australia.

-

Photos by Kyle.

x

2 comments

  1. The strawberry one looks really good but I went to Target last time and couldn't find any! WHICH SECTION?! maybe tim tam challenge soon? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What, really? It should just be in the snack section.
      Yes, yes, yes <3

      x Kyle

      Delete