Riding the Wave

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Sanctuary T, Lower Manhattan, NYC.

My goodness, what a past few days it has been, and I really have no idea where to start. For those of you who follow me on Instagram (@cafechild), I posted a very "feels" type caption under this exact same photo talking about how I was "crying so much, but out of joy."

So, this past weekend, I got a chance to have brunch with some amazing people, and have a casual hangout to just talk and get to know eachother, for those of us who were meeting for the first time. Later on, we all parted different ways, and I was able to have a more intimate time with one or two of them. From there my emotions started to get the best of me, because in that intimate time, it felt like I was spending time with family, being fully transparent, and not being judged for the person that I am, in all my brokenness and my quirks.

Recently, I've been coming to terms with this new season of life that I'm entering into, and I'm no longer in that cocoon anymore. It may be uncomfortable, but it's been time to get out of the comfort of that shell. It all sounds a bit vague right now, but it'll be clearer later on when things are more fleshed out. And until then, I hope you all can continue to support me, and keep me in your prayers. Riding the wave of life, and trying to figure things out at the same time, is not always so easy. But here's to an interesting ride ahead.

Photo by Kyle.

x

2 comments

  1. Happy you're experiencing good things outside your comfort zone. And I need to visit this place. Looks so damn gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 Let's come back here soon for brunch! They told me that when it gets warmer, they open up the windows and the whole place is exposed to the outside :)

      x Kyle

      Delete