Cafes | Nourish Kitchen + Table

Wednesday, April 22, 2015



Nourish Kitchen + Table, West Village, NYC.

I actually found this place while leaving Press Tea one day, and as I was walking around with a friend, I was writing down a few places that caught my eye to visit one day; this was one of them. The more you explore the West Village, the more you find these lovely little places everywhere to experience and see what they offer.

I noticed that this place had more customer turnover as a take-away service, But, I wanted to see what it would be like sitting in and taking in the place on my first visit.

See more photos and read more about my experience, after the jump!



I came here to meet a few friends for lunch, but I came rather early (which normally doesn't happen), so it gave me a chance to sit in for awhile and look around on my own. At first glance, from the outside, it's really a small space, but that should never stop you from going inside somewhere, because in the end, I wish I had gotten more photos.

There are two tables, like the one shown above, a decent-sized community table next to it, as well as a little "bar" section. Part of me really loves that it's not such a huge space, because you can come with a really small group and it's more intimate that way.


Towards the front of the place, there's this little section where you can sit, right next to the door, behind the glass, kind of where a display would be. I actually really liked this small section because this soft black carpet was on top of it, and it was so comfy. I feel like I could just sit there with a blanket and a book, and it would be great, although I'm not sure how the staff would feel about that. But definitely a really nice spot to have coffee, and have some alone time, or have a one-on-one (thank you for the coffee Van!).

As small of a place it is, so much of it is inviting. They even have a bench right outside, although it's a tad off-center.


On to one of the most important parts, their food. Even though they have "Kitchen + Table" in their name, I was still surprised at how much savory variety there was. They also made their chicken look really good, what with the lighting right on top of it and all. The pricing was just a bit on the expensive side, seeing as they make everything in-house, so I settled with a drink and a rose lemon pound cake, which was pretty good. They also have those tall glass bottles for water at each table.

Although their plating is nice, you may want to ask them to warm things up for you depending on what you ordered, especially if you think your pastry or toast has gotten a little cold. Other than that, I enjoyed my time here, and probably will be coming back just for that black carpet seating area to relax when it gets even warmer.

Check out their website for more information and photos. It looks like they also do curated meal delivery service: http://nourishkitchentable.com/

-

Hand with rings - Van Le (@forevervanny).
Photos by Kyle.

x

Post a Comment